Saturday, December 20, 2008

Goals

The first goal I can ruminate about would be at the age of 8 when I was baptized on Oct 10, 1992, in hand with my Heavenly Fathers will. I decided at that age that I would prepare myself to the best of my ability to be ready by the time I turned 19. 11 years prior, the decision had been made for me to server a mission so when I turned 19, there was no contemplating whether I was going to go or not.

I understood that I was going to need His help when preparing to do his work and it’s a life long goal that I’ll never forget setting because it was a joyful moment for him to see that I did everything in my capacity to ready myself for such a once….I say once in an eternity opportunity a mission as an Elder and have the same title as a General Authority.

A small quote I would like to pull from a talk back in 1974 from President Kimball, he states, “Every boy should have been saving money for his mission and be free from any and all entanglements so he will be worthy. When he is returned from his mission at 21, he should feel free to begin to get acquainted and to date. When he has found the right young woman, there should be a proper temple marriage. One can have all the blessings if he is in control and takes the experiences in proper turn: first some limited social get-acquainted contacts, then his mission, then his courting, then his temple marriage and his schooling and his family, then his life’s work. In any other sequence he could run into difficulty.”
I can’t help but to plan my life accordingly as He would have me do so. As I pray to Him and talk to Him as if He were standing in front of me, I see that my relationship, friendship and stewardship seamlessly grow rapidly as I see His work in my prayerful consideration to accompany my desires to into His will by bearing His burden which is spoken in Moses 1:39, for if I am not lifting His burden thru missionary work, I’m at fault for not upholding my baptismal covenants I made at the age of 8.

So, upon making my goals, I list the pro’s and con’s of each goal. After I have done that, and have weighed out my decision, I then take it to Him in mighty prayer, which is proceeded by countless hours of ruminating and musing to ensure that I’ve done all that I can do, so that I may receive revelation from Him and know that I’m doing what is right and that He agrees with me.

No comments: