Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The innocence’s of a child


I had a run today for work and I found myself stuck behind, what I would have guessed was a 6 or 7 year old little girl walking on the dirt road. Down in Salt Lake, I had to make a drop off and when I was finished, I had to go the way I came in. She was walking ever so softly on top of the peaks once created by the fissures of a duly tire. I didn’t mind one bit as she took step after step, smashing down what she could with her size 7 shoes. I had no doubt she was telling a story or singing a tune but for that moment, I had laid my eyes of a pure creation of God’s handy work. This moment in my life had no time to it, nor was it rushed. I pleasantly kept my foot lightly applied to the brake as to follower her at the same pace her little heart beat was drumming to. As I rounded the corner, she then noticed that I had been following her in this ginormus 24 ft box truck, and to her dismay, she happily smiled and went on her way.

Finding myself next on the freeway, I start to inch past this school bus. At the pace I was headed, I couldn’t help but to pull funny faces and play with the children only feet away but yet, in two separate vehicles. The little boy smiled and waved as I made a funny face. Children these days…….

My other experience I’ll leave for the journal. What a blessing it is to be put in the right place at the right time to meet the right people to help them for the right reasons. Hopefully I’ll bring my new friend to church soon. Andy is Awesome!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much better writing, keep using your talent.